Event & Facility Safety Protocols
The following protocols are currently in place:
• We encourage the use of face masks inside the facility though masks remain optional for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please be aware that this is subject to change and may be voluntary on the day of the event. Do not purchase if this is a concern.
• All persons will be screened for prohibited items.
• Our facility will be sanitized prior to your arrival.
• Hand sanitizer stations are readily available. If you are in need of an attendant with cleaning supplies, please ask a staff member.
• To minimize wait time and reduce crowding, please consider using our mobile app to order Concessions on-site.
• The main lobbies opens one hour prior to performance. For your convenience, early access to theater seating is available. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before show time to avoid lines.
• For the safety of others, all persons with suspected illness or have recently been exposed to contagious disease, should not attend.
While we are committed to providing a clean environment, those entering our property assume risk of exposure, injury and illness and release Ruth Eckerd Hall and the City of Clearwater of all liability. Please use discretion.
Please reach out to a staff member if we can assist you. We are here to serve you!
What we’re doing to increase safety in our facility:
Augmented sanitization protocols for all hard and porous surfaces are reflected in a 60% increase in cleaning costs, including the misting and foaming application of Nisus DSV disinfectant, EPA approved to protect against SARS CoV-2 (COVID-19), Hantavirus, E. Coli, Hepatitis B and C, Avian flu, staph, strep, and many other viruses and bacteria.
Additional disinfectant stations are readily available throughout the facility. Custodial staff frequently disinfect high-contact surfaces during events.
Trained staff are present to address contamination risk and/or to isolate and assist patrons requiring emergency medical attention.
Ticketing, donations, memberships and renewals may be transacted on our mobile-friendly website. Inquiries and requests for other services may be submitted through our “Contact Us” page or emailing Ticketing@RuthEckerdHall.net. We normally respond via phone or email within 48 business hours.
Upon entry, your ticket will be scanned. To ease the process, we recommend selecting print-at-home ticketing when purchasing. It is your option whether to print on paper or display the bar code on your mobile device at the door.
(Your donations to the Recovery Fund support these initiatives)
We are excited to be the international test site for state-of-the-art non-contact screening. XONAR Technology uses ultra wideband radar to transmit radio waves, which are interpreted through artificial intelligence to detect weapons on a figure passing through the gate. This technology is proving to increase the speed of entry and vastly reduces the need for secondary contact screening such as bag checks and wanding. Its thermal imaging sensors detect elevated body temperatures and circumvent methods used for avoiding standard metal detection.
A newly installed commercial grade HVAC-PHI Air Purification System by RGF® helps eliminate viruses, mold, bacteria, smoke, and air pollutants, reducing risk of airborne illness. The units are located in the 79 air handlers serving all interior spaces, including performance chambers, restrooms, lounges, backstage areas, banquet facilities, classrooms, and administrative offices at Ruth Eckerd Hall and The Nancy and David Bilheimer Capitol Theatre sites. When the HVAC system operates, the PHI-Cell® creates an advanced oxidation process using friendly oxidizers (hydro-peroxides, super oxide ions and hydroxide ions) that safely revert back to oxygen and hydrogen. These oxidizers and ultra-violet energy kill microbes in both the ventilation system and throughout the room at the source of contamination. This investment has proven efficacy:
- US military approved for mold reduction in field hospitals
- US and internationally approved to fight infectious disease including 99% of MRSA staphylococcal bacteria
- Hospital tested and approved for protection against SARS-CoV-1 and CDC recommended for protection against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Approved by the USDA, FSIS and FDA for safe use in food processing plants to eliminate microbial contamination of food
US schools utilizing the technology report a 20% reduction in absenteeism
We need your help to cross this bridge together. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today to our Recovery Fund.
View Ruth Eckerd Hall's reopening plan here.