Dare to Dream Awards
Annual scholarships in the performing arts are available to our high school juniors and seniors. Though awards are undesignated, the purpose of these scholarships is to provide assistance in furthering arts education (all genres).
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on artistic ability exhibited in their audition, recommendations, a personal interview, and the applicant's written statement. (*) Applicants must provide their own accompanist.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicant must be in the junior or senior year of high school.
- Applicant must have been actively enrolled in MPH classes, private lessons, the Pinellas Youth Symphony, or the GRAMMY® Project within the past year.
- Applicant must be able to perform on Saturday, February 23, 2019.
- Applicant must adhere to the following criteria:
- All scholarships are awarded based on solo performance.
- COMPLETED application must be received by January 23, 2019.
- If an applicant has received a first place Dare to Dream Award, he or she will not be eligible for future consideration in that same category.
- If you are applying for multiple categories, you must submit a completed application for each. Photo copies of supporting documents are permissible. A $25.00 fee is required for each entry.
WHAT TO WEAR: You should wear semi-formal attire that will not restrict movement or performance. No jeans, flip-flops or sneakers. Closed toe shoes are highly recommended.
WHAT TO EXPECT: You will be greeted upon arrival and shown to a room for warm-up. If you are using an accompanist, you will be scheduled for rehearsal prior to your performance.
WHAT TO DO: When you enter for your performance, please announce your name and the pieces that you will be performing. If you have not included the music with your application, please make sure to bring two copies of each selection and give them to the adjudicators. If you are using recorded accompaniment, please consider ease of cueing so that single tracks can be played easily.
THEN WHAT HAPPENS? On March 16, 2019 winners must be available to participate in the Dare to Dream Showcase in the Murray Studio Theatre.
Do I Have Everything?
✔ Applicant's Statement
✔ Initialed Waiver
✔ Signed and Notarized Original Composition Affidavit
✔ Photo (Headshot) of yourself that you would be happy to share with the public. Does not need to be professionally done.
Application Deadline: January 23, 2019