Dare to Dream Awards
Annual scholarships in the performing arts are available to our high school juniors, seniors, and alumni. Though awards are undesignated, the purpose of these scholarships is to provide assistance in furthering arts education (all genres).
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on artistic ability exhibited in their audition, recommendations, and the applicant's written statement.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicant must be in their junior or senior year of high school or an Alumni under the age of 25.
- Applicant must have been actively enrolled in MPH classes, private lessons, the Pinellas Youth Symphony, the GRAMMY® Project within the past year, or an Alumni of any of these programs.
- Applicant must be able to perform between June 30 and July 2, 2021. Email REHEDU@RuthEckerdHall.net to schedule.
- Applicant must adhere to the following criteria:
- All scholarships are awarded based on solo performance.
- COMPLETED application must be received by June 22, 2020.
- If an applicant has received a first place Dare to Dream Award, he or she will not be eligible for future consideration in that same category. Not applicable for Alumni category applicant.
- If you are applying for multiple categories, you must submit a completed application for each. Photo copies of supporting documents are permissible. A $25.00 fee is required for each entry.
Ready To Apply? Please fill out an application form. The application deadline is June 22, 2020.
WHAT TO WEAR: You should wear semi-formal attire that will not restrict movement or performance. No jeans, flip-flops or sneakers. Closed toe shoes are highly recommended.
WHAT TO EXPECT: You will be greeted upon arrival and shown to a room for warm-up. If you are using an accompanist, you will be scheduled for rehearsal prior to your performance.
WHAT TO DO: When you enter for your performance, please announce your name and the pieces that you will be performing. If you have not included the music with your application, please make sure to bring two copies of each selection and give them to the adjudicators. If you are using recorded accompaniment, please consider ease of cueing so that single tracks can be played easily.
Do I Have Everything?
✔ Applicant's Statement
✔ Initialed Waiver
✔ Signed and Notarized Original Composition Affidavit
✔ Photo (Headshot) of yourself that you would be happy to share with the public. Does not need to be professionally done.
Application Deadline: June 22, 2020